Bill’s Thin Crust Pizza Dough
(Makes one huge pizza, or 4 individual size)
.25 oz. pkt. active dry yeast
1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
3/4 cup 110 degree water
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (or blend of Semolina, whole wheat, etc)
1/2 tsp. salt
With a Food Processor:
· Dissolve yeast and sugar in water in bowl of large Food Processor; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
· Add flour and salt.
· Process for 30 secods, adding either flour or water to achieve a ball of dough that is not too sticky, but holds together.
Without a Food Processor:
· Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
· In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
· Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
· Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
Do not let dough rise. Use immediately to achieve “cracker- like” consistency.
· For small pizzas, cut ¼ of the dough and flatten until desired thickness with a rolling pin. Stretch with your hands also.
· Place dough on a pizza paddle with corn meal sprinkled on paddle, so dough won’t stick.
· Add cheese, toppings, etc.
· Spray BBQ grids with plenty of Spray Oil (Pam) so pizza won’t stick. Slide dressed pizza onto BBQ Grill. Spray edges of pizza with a little more Spray Oil (Pam). Watch closely and turn in a circular pattern to get desired level of “char.”
· Or bake in 500-degree oven.