Soft Oatmeal Cookies
· 1/2 cup butter, softened
· 1/2 cup white sugar or granulated Splenda
· 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
· 1 eggs
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.